SPICED CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL WITH FRESH ROSEMARY
This is one of my favorite ways to add a little festive flair to a holiday classic. Who doesn't love a glass of Bubbly in the Christmas season? Try adding a touch of my homemade Spiced Simple Syrup to your Champagne and garnishing with a sprig of fresh rosemary. Not only does it smell like the perfect combination of fresh herbs and Christmas cookies, the rosemary looks like a mini Christmas tree! This cocktail is easy to make and will impress your guests with its originality - plus, the spiced simple syrup will make your house smell amazing!
1. Set out your Champagne flutes on a beautiful tray.
2. Delicately add about a teaspoon (or more, to taste!) of spiced simple syrup to the bottom of each glass.
3. Slowly fill each glass with Champagne until about half way full. With a straw, stir the simple syrup into the Champagne (be careful as it fizzes!).
4. Once combined, top with more Champagne until full and stir once.
5. Add a sprig of rosemary to each glass.
SPICED SIMPLE SYRUP
This is one of my favorite things to make during the holiday season as it can be used in so many different ways. It’s a quick recipe that makes your house smell delicious! Use this in cocktails instead of simple syrup or drizzle over cookies as a glaze – I’ve even used it in dressings and sauces!
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
2 tbsp Mulling Spices
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Allow to boil for 30 seconds until sugar dissolves then reduce to a simmer.
3. Simmer for 10 minutes (more if you’d like it thicker) then allow to cool.
4. Strain the liquid into an airtight container and cool.
5. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
Here is one of my favorite festive cocktails to make with this delicious syrup!