This is one of my all-time favorites to have on hand in my home. Not only does it make all your food taste delicious – it’s also great to put into little jars as take-home gifts for your guests! The salt only takes a few minutes to make and can be sprinkled on anything from a rack of lamb to popcorn.
Don’t stop at rosemary either! Mixed herb salt, basil & thyme salt… they all taste delicious!
½ cup finely ground sea salt (kosher salt, pink Himalayan salt etc also work!)
1-2 cup fresh rosemary stalks
1. Wash the rosemary and dry it very well.
2. Strip the rosemary leaves from their stalks.
3. In a food processor, add half the salt and all of the rosemary leaves. Process until the rosemary is quite broken up and then add the rest of the salt. Process until the consistency you like is reached.
4. Spread the salt out on a cookie sheet to dry for a few hours. To speed this up, I usually turn on my oven to 200˚ and put the cookie sheet in for 3-5 minutes until the salt is dry. Not only will your salt be ready more quickly, but your house will also smell delicious!
5. Place the salt into an airtight jar and use as needed.