ROASTED WILD MUSHROOM & GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
These are such a great appetizer and can be made very easily. The wild mushrooms and pine nuts combine for an earthy, woody taste; complemented so nicely by the sweet, creamy goat cheese. I also love them as an open-faced sandwich for lunch, alongside a butter lettuce salad!
3 cups assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned and cut into chunks
¼ cup red wine
2 tbsp salted butter (in 8 pieces)
Salt and pepper to taste
French or rustic bread, sliced
1 package creamy Goat Cheese
6 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
Pine nuts to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400˚
2. In a baking dish, add the mushrooms, garlic salt to taste, wine, leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme and mix to combine.
3. Top the mushrooms with 6 pieces of butter.
4. Roast mushrooms in oven for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms soften. Remove from oven.
5. On a baking sheet, lay out the bread slices and brush with remaining butter. Bake for 5-6 minutes until crunchy.
6. Spread slices with goat cheese.
7. Spoon mushroom mixture over bread and top with remaining thyme and salt and pepper.
8. Garnish with pine nuts.