FRESH CRAB, CREME FRAICHE & SCALLION TOASTS
There’s nothing better than sweet fresh crab with bright, savory Crème Fraîche and vibrant green onions… serve it on some tiny crunchy toasts and you’ll be snacking on these all night! Make the crab mixture and keep it in the fridge – then you can quickly make more throughout the night as they disappear!
(makes 12-15 toasts)
6 oz of fresh lump or snow crab
2 tbsp Crème Fraîche
1 tsp chili flakes
2-3 green onions or scallions, thinly sliced
Black Pepper & Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, squeeze the lemon and combine with the crab, Crème Fraîche, chili flakes and salt & pepper. Mix with a fork until the crab has broken up.
2. Add more Crème Fraîche if you’d like it a little creamier – personally I find it looks and handles better with less!
3. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
4. Spoon the mixture onto the toasts and serve on a gorgeous tray.
5. Garnish with black pepper & more green onion.