FRESH BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
There’s nothing better than fresh blueberries in the summertime, especially when they’re bursting with flavor and blended into a rich, creamy, delectable ice cream! This is one of my favorite summertime desserts – at our house we eat it all season long! Try it alone, on top of grilled fruit, or even in a fresh fruit sundae with layers of whipped cream, fresh berries and berry purée! Enjoy!
4 cups fresh blueberries, washed
2 cups sugar
2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 ½ cups whole milk
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 lemon wedge
1. Blend the blueberries in a blender.
2. Add the blueberry purée and the sugar to a sauce pan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves (about 4-5 minutes), don’t let it boil!
3. Refrigerate the mixture until cold.
4. Add in the vanilla, salt, milk, and heavy cream and mix until combined.
5. Squeeze in the lemon wedge and stir until combined.
6. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn according to your ice cream maker’s instructions (usually 20 minutes on Speed 1).
7. Freeze for at least an hour to allow your ice cream to set.
8. Enjoy with fresh blueberries!