CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN PUMPKIN BANANA BREAD
I was playing around with Holiday recipes the other day and came up with this chunky, decadent bread – and we are all addicted! I really wanted the festive flavor and density of pumpkin bread, but was really craving moist sweet banana bread… so I decided to combine the two. It has since become my favorite holiday bread that I will be making every December! It’s easy, scrumptious, and makes your house smell amazing. Enjoy!
(makes two loaves)
1 cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
12 tbsp (2/3 cup + 1 tbsp) salted butter, softened
1 tbsp butter for greasing pans
1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
3 bananas, mashed (make sure they’re ripe)
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
3 cups All-purpose Flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips and chunks
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2. Butter two loaf pans, (mine were 9x5) with the extra 1 tbsp of butter.
3. In a stand mixer or bowl, beat the softened butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs until combined.
4. Mix in the pumpkin purée, the fresh ginger, and banana until all combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
6. Stir the flour mixture into the Pumpkin mixture.
7. Stir in the chopped pecans and the chocolate chips until combined.
8. Divide batter evenly between your two pans.
9. Bake for 45–60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
11. To remove: run a metal spatula or knife around the edge of the bread and then either turn your pan over or pop the bread out of pans. Cool on a wire rack.
12. Serve warm – I like to serve it with Cinnamon Honey Butter for an added festive touch!
Cinnamon Honey Butter
1 stick softened Salted Butter
2 tbsp Honey
3 tsp Cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Place in a jar and refrigerate. Use as needed!