CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Chewy, rich and delicately covered with powdered sugar, these cookies not only taste amazing but also look like they have just been in a wintery snowfall! Easy to make and essential for any holiday party—these cookies are the perfect gift to leave out for Santa! Enjoy!
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
¼ cup salted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups granulated sugar
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup icing sugar
1. Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
2. Add the butter and baking chocolate to the bowl and heat it over the water, stirring constantly, until the chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat.
3. In a stand mixer, combine the eggs, vanilla and sugar and beat for about 4 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add the chocolate/butter mixture into the stand mixer and beat until everything is combined.
5. Add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder into the stand mixer and mix until all ingredients are combined.
6. With a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours until the dough is hard enough to be able to form balls.
8. Preheat the oven to 325˚.
9. Butter and flour two baking sheets.
10. Place the icing sugar in a separate bowl.
11. Carefully roll a rounded tbsp of dough in your hands until it forms a ball. Drop the ball into the powdered sugar and roll to coat.
12. Place the powdered cookie ball on the baking sheet. Repeat with all the dough, spacing cookies about 3 inches apart.
13. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cookies are puffy and the sugar has crinkled apart.