BAKED SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
This artichoke dip is one of my favorite ways to welcome people to a party – it’s warm, inviting and extremely addictive! It also only takes a few minutes to prepare, so it also makes your life easy! You can play around with the recipe a bit – leave out the spinach, make it spicier (at TomTom we add grilled Shishito peppers!) – to really make it your own!
2 small cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 handful fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 mini can fire roasted green chilis
1.5 – 1.75 cups grated Parmesan (reserve 1 tbsp of Parmesan to sprinkle on the top)
1.5 cups light mayonnaise
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F
2. Combine the artichoke hearts, spinach and chilis in a large bowl.
3. Slowly add in the Parmesan and Mayo a bit at a time, until it reaches the consistency you like. I personally like slightly more Parmesan and less mayo.
4. Sprinkle in a little salt (no more than a pinch) and a few pinches of pepper.
5. Put the artichoke dip into a baking dish (I prefer a Pie Dish as they’re pretty to take straight out of the oven and serve with!)
6. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over the top and a touch of black pepper.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes until it starts to turn golden brown. If it isn’t as brown as you’d like it, turn on the broiler for 10-15 seconds - make sure to watch this closely, with the oven door open, as literally 5 seconds extra can burn your whole dish!
8. Serve by placing the entire pie dish on a large platter and surrounding it with pita chips!