TUNA TARTARE IN MINI PHYLLO BASKETS
I love these little nibbles for any soirée, especially New Year’s Eve! They are easy to pick up, light and always crowd pleasers. As they’re not traditional holiday fare (so they can take you through the entire holiday season!), I like to serve them on festively decorated trays – try adding ornaments or glitter-edged roses to your serving pieces! Tuna tartare is such an elegant appetizer to serve at holiday parties – it’s quick and easy to make, not too heavy, and tastes delicious with Champagne! Make sure to get very good quality sashimi grade tuna!
(makes 6 baskets)
Mini Filo Shells (thawed)
½ lb raw sashimi grade Ahi Tuna, cut into small cubes
3 green onions, chopped finely
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp sesame oil
1 - 2 tsp Sriracha, depending on taste
1 tsp soy sauce
Thinly sliced green onions, black pepper, chili flakes and lemon wedges to garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine the Ahi tuna, chopped green onions, sesame seeds, sesame oil, Sriracha and soy sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce or Sriracha as necessary.
2. Place the thawed Filo shells onto a gorgeous tray.
3. Gently fill each shell with tuna tartare.
4. Garnish with sliced green onions, chili flakes and black pepper.
5. Serve with a lemon wedge on the side!